The council is governed by the LGA 1974 and subsequent legislation.

Operational Policies


Complaints against councillors must be made to the New Forest District Council Monitoring Officer who can be contacted directly (Complain-against-a-councillor) or via the clerk. The council is not empowered to take any local action regarding complaints.

Freedom of the Parish

Burley Parish council can grant qualifying residents with the honour of The Freedom of the Parish of Burley

Freedom of Information

Visit the Information Commissioner’s Office to view the Model Publication Scheme for Freedom of Information which was adopted as of 1st January 2009 at a meeting of Burley Parish Council in respect of information arising from the affairs of this council.